How do I link to a file in the Files and Images directory?
Monday, 4 July 2011 9:34 AM
To link to a file in the Files & Images directory:
- Navigate to the Files & Images area in the iASP Control Panel,
- Upload or find the file you wish to link to in your content,
- Right click on the link and copy the URL to the file
- Navigate to the page of your you wish to place the link to the file,
- Edit the page, and in the WYSIWYG Editor, click the 'View HTML Source' checkbox,
Enter the following HTML as your link:
- <a href="" title="Download this file">Download this file</a>
In between the two "" after the href value, paste in the URL copied
from step 3.
- Eg <a href="/img.ashx?f=f&p=your_file.pdf" title="Download this file">Download this file</a>
- NOTE: You can remove the start of the URL that is pointing to your website - http://www.mywebsite.com.au - this will create a relative URL.
To have the PDF open in a new browser tab/window add
target="_blank" into the <a> tag
- Eg. <a href="/img.ashx?f=f&p=your_file.pdf" title="Download this file" target="_blank">Download this file</a>
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
The end result should look something like this: Click here to download this PDF.
If you have difficulty following the steps above, or you are not confident in using HTML code, please raise a support ticket and Enotia Support will add the link into your content for you.
You are not logged in
Registered IASP users can talk back and engage in discussion about this, and many other items on the site. You must be a registered user of the iasp.com.au website. If you are already registered, please login to take advantage of this feature.