How do I link to a file in the Files and Images directory?
- Navigate to the Files & Images area in the iASP Control Panel,
- Upload or find the file you wish to link to in your content,
- Right click on the link and copy the URL to the file
- Navigate to the page of your you wish to place the link to the file,
- Edit the page, and in the WYSIWYG Editor, click the 'View HTML Source' checkbox,
Enter the following HTML as your link:
- <a href="" title="Download this file">Download this file</a>
In between the two "" after the href value, paste in the URL copied
from step 3.
- Eg <a href="/img.ashx?f=f&p=your_file.pdf" title="Download this file">Download this file</a>
- NOTE: You can remove the start of the URL that is pointing to your website - http://www.mywebsite.com.au - this will create a relative URL.
To have the PDF open in a new browser tab/window add
target="_blank" into the <a> tag
- Eg. <a href="/img.ashx?f=f&p=your_file.pdf" title="Download this file" target="_blank">Download this file</a>
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
The end result should look something like this: Click here to download this PDF.
If you have difficulty following the steps above, or you are not confident in using HTML code, please raise a support ticket and Enotia Support will add the link into your content for you.