Email Handling Policy
Friday, 1 January 2010 1:00 PM
New spam policy and instructions for mail.enotia.com.au
- Virus emails will be discarded
- Emails with banned content will be bounced back to the sender
- Spam emails are marked spammy and passed to the recipient
- MX Record: mail.enotia.com.au or seed.enotia.com.au
WebMail address: webmail.enotia.com.au or mail.enotia.com.au
- Open Webmail at: webmail.enotia.com.au and login to your email account
Create new folder and name it "Junk" or "Spam"
Go to "Filters" and click on "Create New"
- Key in an arbitrary name in: "Rule Name"
- After: "For an incoming message that matches:" select: "X-Spam-Status" then "Contains" and then type in "Yes" (case sensitive)
- Under: "Do This:" select "deliver to folder" and then select the folder you have created (e.g Junk)
- Save the rule.
- If you like to run the filter every time you look at your Inbox you can go to Options > Filters and then check: ""
- Go to Tools > Account Settings
- Under the relevant account: click on "Junk Settings"
- Check: "Trust junk mail headers set by: " and next to it select: "SpamAssassin"
- Check: "Move new junk messages to:" and select the folder you want the junk emails go to (default setting is fine)
You are not logged in
Registered IASP users can talk back and engage in discussion about this, and many other items on the site. You must be a registered user of the iasp.com.au website. If you are already registered, please login to take advantage of this feature.