Email Handling Policy
Friday, 1 January 2010 1:00 PM
New spam policy and instructions for mail.enotia.com.au
- Virus emails will be discarded
- Emails with banned content will be bounced back to the sender
- Spam emails are marked spammy and passed to the recipient
- MX Record: mail.enotia.com.au or seed.enotia.com.au
WebMail address: webmail.enotia.com.au or mail.enotia.com.au
- Open Webmail at: webmail.enotia.com.au and login to your email account
Create new folder and name it "Junk" or "Spam"
Go to "Filters" and click on "Create New"
- Key in an arbitrary name in: "Rule Name"
- After: "For an incoming message that matches:" select: "X-Spam-Status" then "Contains" and then type in "Yes" (case sensitive)
- Under: "Do This:" select "deliver to folder" and then select the folder you have created (e.g Junk)
- Save the rule.
- If you like to run the filter every time you look at your Inbox you can go to Options > Filters and then check: ""
- Go to Tools > Account Settings
- Under the relevant account: click on "Junk Settings"
- Check: "Trust junk mail headers set by: " and next to it select: "SpamAssassin"
- Check: "Move new junk messages to:" and select the folder you want the junk emails go to (default setting is fine)